"Divided Means Broken" 2021
rejected competition entry
The task was to design a poster that deals with the topic of "digital inclusion".
Nearly 60% of the world's population today uses the Internet. Social media have also drastically changed the digital world. We are witnessing a mass phenomenon that has changed the way we live: from online shopping to dating to accessing knowledge with just one click.
However, these impressive numbers conceal a major problem. If 60% of the world's population is connected to the Internet, the other 40% - 3 billion people - are currently disconnected.
The Internet as a networking instrument is in danger of becoming the cause of discrimination and exclusion in today's society. These statistics illuminate only part of the problem of the digital divide.
Most things don't work properly when divided into pieces - like all of our electronic devices; they need to be all in one to function appropriately. It's exactly the same with the digital world. Therefore, we have to create equity in the (digital) world!